|Tel:+86-2150591759||pdf download||Email: email@example.com|
Calcium propionate with the chemical formula C6H10CaO4 is an organic salt that is produced by a reaction between calcium hydroxide and propionic acid. It is mainly used as a food preservative due to its unique properties and characteristics to prevent reproduction and the growth of molds and other microorganisms. For information on how to buy Pure Calcium propionate Powder Premium Quality and place an order, you can contact our colleagues in the sales department.
|White crystalline solid|
|Melting point:||300 °C|
|pH||6,0-9,0 (10 % aqueous solution)|
|Solubility in water|| 49 g/100 mL(0°C)
55.8 g/100 mL (100 °C)
shanghai metex is ready to offer various brands of raw materials required by different industries. All you have to do is contact us through the mentioned communication channels.
What is calcium propionate used in?
It is a food additive in baked goods, dairy products, beverages, alcoholic drinks, and processed meats. It helps to preserve various food products and extend the shelf life of several goods. It has been approved by the World Health Organization (WHO), Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO), and Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for use.
In general, the uses of C6H10CaO4 in food products can be categorized as follows:
- Prevents the growth of bacillus mesenteric mold.
- Increases the shelf life of products made with flour in bakeries.
- As a fermenting agent in dairy products.
- In canned food, processed meats such as sausages, soft drinks, jams, gelatin, and others.
Also, it is used in other fields like pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, photography, and paint and coating.
Research and studies show that it is safe to eat and generally with little to no side effects.
Studies show that when this product enters the body, it breaks into calcium and propionic acid and after decomposition is easily absorbed and metabolized by the digestive system.
Also according to the MSDS, some points necessary to say:
- In case of inhaled, If breathed in, move into the fresh air.
- In case of skin contact, wash off with plenty of water and soap.
- In case of eye contact, flush eyes with water as a precaution.
- In case of swallowed, rinse the mouth with water.